MoSys is an IP-rich fabless semiconductor company that provides high performance solutions for fast, intelligent data access in network and communications systems. Engineered and built for high-reliability carrier and enterprise applications, MoSys products are breaking bandwidth barriers in data processing to allow for faster packet access and analysis, enabling higher speed, expanded user capacity, and new capabilities required by the expanding global infrastructure.
The number of users, amount of data and new services are expanding rapidly, spurring the demand for increased packet processing on aggregate data rates in excess of 100 Gigabits per second (Gbps) in networking and communication equipment. Applications such as video-on-demand, Internet protocol TV, peer-to-peer and Cloud Computing, Web 2.0 applications, as well as 3G and 4G are bandwidth intensive. Service providers need new technologies to manage user experience, quality of service, and network security. This means routers, switches, and telecom equipment need to support both data rates in the 100s of Gbps and increased data processing requirements. In order to meet these requirements, bandwidth bottlenecks between data processing elements and memory must be solved.
The Bandwidth Engine IC, with its combination of serial I/O, high-speed memory, and efficient, intelligent access, drastically increases memory accesses per second, removing these bottlenecks.
- Addressing large and growing end markets: networking, communications, data centers
- TAM for advanced network architected specialty memory estimated to exceed $1B
- Leveraging proprietary IP portfolio for IC products that solve critical memory bandwidth bottlenecks in next generation systems
- Strong Barriers to Entry:
- Differentiated & patented IP
- More than 100 patents granted/pending
- Proven memory and SerDes expertise
- Strong systems application expertise
- Unique, patented product architecture